Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sprinkle dry on new baby potatoes, meat or mix into a rub.
- 3 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Sprinkle (to taste) on your meat. Makes 1/3 cup.
- ***Tip -- for every 4 servings (1 lb boneless, 2 lb bone in) meat, poultry or fish, mix 2 tbsp Mediterranean Spice Mix, 1 tbsp, vegetable oil, and 1 clove of minced garlic. Rub over food and let sit for 10 minutes (if you make ahead the wet rub; cover& refrigerate for up to 24 hrs).
Rubbed this generously on some boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets and then sauteed them in olive oil. SO GOOD. Made it with whole carrots tossed in olive oil, ground ginger, and cumin and then roasted. Also with some jasmine rice that had been toasted in cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, and garlic and added in a bay leaf. Squeezed fresh lime over everything - amazing. Will definitely use this seasoning mix again.
Perfect combination of flavors! I used this for Recipe#186805 and it was very good in that! Made due to Sydney Mike's recommendation.
Yet another great spice mix (& that includes your marinades!) from this chef! I mixed this up to use on some veggies, & then got carried away & used it sparingly to spice up some burgers I was making! Very, very nice taste (& unual, for me, anyway)! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as a bonus recipe for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]