Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sprinkle dry on new baby potatoes, meat or mix into a rub.
Make and share this Mediterranean Spice Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Sprinkle (to taste) on your meat. Makes 1/3 cup.
- ***Tip -- for every 4 servings (1 lb boneless, 2 lb bone in) meat, poultry or fish, mix 2 tbsp Mediterranean Spice Mix, 1 tbsp, vegetable oil, and 1 clove of minced garlic. Rub over food and let sit for 10 minutes (if you make ahead the wet rub; cover& refrigerate for up to 24 hrs).
Rubbed this generously on some boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets and then sauteed them in olive oil. SO GOOD. Made it with whole carrots tossed in olive oil, ground ginger, and cumin and then roasted. Also with some jasmine rice that had been toasted in cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, and garlic and added in a bay leaf. Squeezed fresh lime over everything - amazing. Will definitely use this seasoning mix again.
Just added this mix to a homemade beef & sprouted bean soup, anxious to try it once the flavours have melded! I've also used it for sausage patties, yum! ...various other dishes!<br/>And it's been re-pinned on my Pinterest 50 times (the only pin I have that has continuously been pinned) so I imagine many others are also enjoying it too!
Perfect combination of flavors! I used this for Grilled Vegetable Cheese Bread and it was very good in that! Made due to Sydney Mike's recommendation.