Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Quick, Easy & very tasty.This is a recipe that is great as a special treat for the family or elegant enough for company If the shrimp are frozen just place them in a seive and run cold water over them until the ice crystals fall away. This recipe is from an old Chatelaine Magazine
- 1 (450 g) package spaghetti
- 1 lb fresh medium shrimp or 1 lb frozen medium shrimp, cleaned, shells removed
- 2 leeks, cleaned, green part discarded, white part cut into
- 1 green pepper, seeds & membrane removed, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (750 ml) jar spaghetti sauce
- Cook your spaghetti according to instructions drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add leeks, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the olives, capers & basil (or oregano).
- Pour in the sauce, mix well, bring to a slow simmer.
- Add green peppers.
- Add shrimp, stir in, heat for apprx 2-3 minutes until they are heated through.
- Taste adjust seasoning, add salt & pepper.
- Mix in the cooked spaghette.