1/4 Photos of Mediterranean Shrimp Toss
Quick, Easy & very tasty.This is a recipe that is great as a special treat for the family or elegant enough for company If the shrimp are frozen just place them in a seive and run cold water over them until the ice crystals fall away. This recipe is from an old Chatelaine Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (450 g) package spaghetti
- 1 lb fresh medium shrimp or 1 lb frozen medium shrimp, cleaned, shells removed
- 2 leeks, cleaned, green part discarded, white part cut into
- 1 green pepper, seeds & membrane removed, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (750 ml) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1Cook your spaghetti according to instructions drain and keep warm.
- 2Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add leeks, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in the olives, capers & basil (or oregano).
- 4Pour in the sauce, mix well, bring to a slow simmer.
- 5Add green peppers.
- 6Add shrimp, stir in, heat for apprx 2-3 minutes until they are heated through.
- 7Taste adjust seasoning, add salt & pepper.
- 8Mix in the cooked spaghette.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Shrimp Toss
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 834.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives