Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is adapted from Southern Living Annual Recipes. I cannot remember which year. It is one of our favorites.
- 4 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 1 lb shrimp, unpeeled, medium size (add more to taste)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, hot
- 6 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed (or wine)
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (add more to taste)
- Cook linguine according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Peel and de-vein shrimp.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in a large wok or skillet until tender, stirring often.
- Stir in the tomato and dried spices (next 4 ingredients).
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp and cook 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally (or until shrimp turn pink). Be careful not to over cook the shrimp.
- Add the parsley, olives, and lemon juice.
- Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over linguine. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
I did scale this down for one serving, my only change would be to use olive oil instead of sesame oil as I feel that didn't blend well with the other ingredients. Other than that this is a good quick meal. Thanks. Made for July's Tag Game ~ Aceitunas ~ Olives."