Recipe by Bev
This was a favorite pasta dish served in one of the Legal Seafood Restaurants in Massachusetts. The feta cheese and Kalamata olives offer their own saltiness, so please gauge accordingly.
Top Review by NurseJaney
This was REALLY good !! The local super had a sale on 15/20 shrimp, so I prepared the recipe with 1 lb. shrimp, 1 can petite diced tomatoes, and just a handful of bow-tie pasta (all I had ).It was a good thing I per-prepared all ingredients in a row before starting to cook -- everything goes VERY quickly, and was truly tasty. DH and I ate ALMOST all of the bowl -- NEXT time I will take a picture ! The only things I would add the next time would be some oregano, basil, and a tad red pepper flakes- just to enhance the subtle flavors -- personal preference. It was a lovely prep and we enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for posting, Bev.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup scallion, sliced diagonally 1/2-inch pieces (both white and green)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup feta cheese
- 8 -10 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, chopped (save a few whole olives for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 TBSP of the olive oil in a large nonreactive skillet.
- Add the garlic, onions, and scallion; saute over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomatoes: cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and scrape into a large bowl.
- Stir in half of the feta cheese and set aside.
- Meanwhile, Cook bowtie pasta according to package directions, al dente.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- In the same pan the sauce was prepared, heat the remaining TBSP olive oil.
- Add shrimp, and saute over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Add chopped olives ans the sauce.
- Lower the heat and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining feta cheese, the butter and the freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta and garnish with remaining whole olives.