1/11 Photos of Mediterranean Scampi
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Who does not like Scampi. You have had Scampi the usual method, with loads of garlic and extra virgin olive oil... Now have Scampi my Med-way, and you won't go back.... Have plenty of baguette to soak up all the sauce... So good, you will be sorry when it is all gone. Winning Recipe Entry, RSC#7.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter
- 1 head garlic, whole head, peeled, crushed, and chopped fine
- 1 cup green onion, bulbs and stems chopped coarse
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, skin seeds and pith removed and cut into thin strips
- 2 cups fresh ripe plum tomatoes, peeled and cut up with their juice
- 1 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, with stems (chopped fine)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted, crushed and chopped coarse
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 -3 lemons, cut into wedges
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1In a large skillet or deep fast fry pan, melt butter; be careful it does not burn.
- 2Saute the garlic; when golden in color, remove from heat and set aside for later use.
- 3Add onions, saute until just softened; remove from heat and set aside for later use.
- 4Add plum tomatoes with their juice; lemon juice, white wine; bring to a boil.
- 5Add onion and garlic which you had set aside.
- 6Add roasted red bell peppers.
- 7Turn down heat and allow liquid to reduce.
- 8Add fresh herbs (parsley, oregano, basil).
- 9Add shrimp and steam until pink.
- 10Add capers and olives; allowing them to warm through.
- 11Turn out onto a warm platter or serving bowl -- garnish with lemon wedges, and serve while hot.
- 12Serves 4 - 6 comfortably; cook time - approximately 45 minutes, including peeling and chopping.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.4
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 347.5 mg
- Sodium 1713.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 36.6 g