Recipe by kittyroara
This is a flavour-filled, healthy, easy-to-make wrap that's great as a snack or as a main dish. Vegetarians can use tofurky or other soy/alternameat sausages (it's just as delicious!). ***Note: The vegetarian option does not follow the nutrition information listed. In general the vegetarian choices will have lower sodium, fat, and calories.
Top Review by Proud Veteran's wife
Made this for PAC spring 08, This was very tasty and a pretty healthy meal! We didn't have chipotle pepper tortilla's in our store so I used sun-dried tomato. It was very fast to make as well! Thanks will make again!
- 1 Italian sausage (vegetarian if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 an avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (about two inches worth of a bunch)
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, grated (italian-blend is best but most kinds will do. Soy, rice, or lower-fat dairy cheeses can be substitut)
- 1 chipotle pepper tortilla, 10-inch (I prefer these wraps, but any will do)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- For vegetarians, cook the sausage as per package directions (usually microwave).
- For meat, partially cook the sausage as per package directions or your regular method. This usually means boiling, microwaving, or frying.
- Slice the sausage.
- For vegetarians, place the sliced sausage on your wrap.
- For meat, add the sliced sausages, the chopped pepper, and zucchini to the oiled pan, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft but not mushy, and the meat is no longer pink inside.
- While the pan mixture is cooking, cut the onions and avocado.
- Arrange them with the cheese in the open wrap, on a plate. Try to form the filling in a rectangular shape down the middle, leaving at least two inches of space at the bottom and a third of the wrap on either side.
- Add the contents of the pan to the wrap.
- Fold the bottom part of the wrap up over the filling, followed by the two sides. You may have to adjust this a few times to get it snug. If you've got toothpicks, you can use one or two to hold the wrap closed while you get your beverage and walk to the table, etc.