Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 lbs fresch tomatoes (blanched, peeled and chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 cups cabernet sauvignon wine or 2 cups zinfandel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare tomatoesand set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil untilonion is transparent.
- Add all remaining ingreients.
- Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pasta, toss and serve.