Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the January '10 issue of BH&G. The recipe calls for canned salmon - or salmon in the foil pouch, but I just used leftover baked salmon. I sent it wrapped in plastic wrap for my teenage daughter's lunch, and it was a hit!
- 10 ounces salmon (canned or in the foil pouches)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, fivrf
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 12 leaves romaine lettuce, thick ribs removed
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, halved and sliced
- In medium bowl combine salmon, parsley, olives, onion, oil, lemon peel and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make each sandwich, place 3 lettuce leaves on each tortilla. Top each with a quarter of the salmon salad, top with a few red pepper slices and tomato slices. Fold the tortilla about an inch over each end of the filling, then roll up.