Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe was originally from BHG with some changes as my family suggested!
- 1 summer squash
- 1 zucchini
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 lb salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces (skinless)
- feta cheese, to top
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling over medium-high heat.
- Trim ends from yellow squash and zucchini. With vegetable peeler, peel squash and zucchini lengthwise into long thin ribbons.
- Transfer ribbons to a foil cooking bag. (Or, place two 30" by 18" sheets heavy-duty foil on work surface to make a double thickness.).
- Sprinkle tomatoes, olives, basil, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt over squash and zucchini ribbons. Sprinkle lemon peel and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt over salmon.
- Place salmon on top of squash mixture; seal bag. (Or, if using foil, bring long sides of foil up and over salmon; fold several times to seal well, then fold in ends to seal tightly.).
- Place foil packet on grill rack. Cover grill and cook 12 minutes.
- When salmon is done, cut an X in top of foil packet to let steam escape, then carefully pull back foil to open.
- Slide vegetables and salmon onto 4 dinner plates to serve. Top with feta cheese as desired.