Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted to help all of those trying to Flat Belly Diet. Haven't tried it yet!Whole grains, healthy proteins, and tummy-trimming MUFAs (monounsaturated fatty acids) transform your favorite sandwiches.
- 1⁄2 cup green olive tapenade (MUFA)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 4 cups salad greens (4 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained, canned no-salt-added
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper (blotted dry, drained and sliced)
- 1⁄4 cucumber, med seedless, halved and thinly sliced (1/2 c)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced (1/4 c, or sweet onion)
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 tortillas (8-inch diameter) or 4 whole-wheat wraps (8-inch diameter)
- 1. Mix tapenade and lemon juice in large bowl with fork. Add greens, chickpeas, peppers, cucumber, and onion, and toss to mix well. Add cheese and toss gently.
- 2. Warm wraps or tortillas per package directions.
- 3. Arrange one-quarter of the salad mixture onto the bottom of a wrap and roll up. Cut in half on an angle, placing a wooden pick in each half. Repeat with remaining wraps.
- Nutritional Info Per Wrap 297 cal, 11 g pro, 37 g carb, 6 g fiber, 12 g fat, 3.5 g sat fat, 11 mg chol, 684 mg sodium*.
Very tasty. Made as directed, reducing the servings to two. This is something that I could easily take to work and assemble there for lunch. Thanks, Heartsong! Made for TYM tag game.