Feta and kalamata olives unite with an excellent dressing for a refreshing and simple salad. Can add some chicken or shrimp for a one dish meal
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I use Maille whole grain)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, with their liquid
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (I use red wine variety)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb mixed greens
- 16 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
- Combine dressing ingredients in cruet or jar. Shake well to combine ingredients. This can be done in advance.
- Divide salad greens into four dishes. Top with tomatoes, olives, feta, and onion.
- Shake dressing and pour over salad. (You may not need all the dressing).
Oh my Lord !!! This was such a yummy salad and a such a fantastic dressing to go with it. Did everything as written but I did cut way back on the oil though and added extra capers....I love them. We found it had a lovely blend of the lemon and vinegar. It was actually a very quick salad to put together. I served it as a side to some manicotti's . I can see just eating a whole plate of just the salad and forget anything else. Will be making this salad often...Thanks so much for sharing Vicki.
The salad mixture was very nice, but I prefer a dressing with more tang and less oil. Loved the capers though. I would add 1/4 teaspoon salt and use castor sugar in place of honey (or leave sweetener out completely). The honey taste was quite strong, but perhaps it was just my variety of honey. Thanks for posting.
This was just straight out delicious! Everything I like, and still pretty good for me! Thnx for sharing it, Vicki. Made for a fellow Vagabond during ZWT 6.