Feta and kalamata olives unite with an excellent dressing for a refreshing and simple salad. Can add some chicken or shrimp for a one dish meal
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I use Maille whole grain)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, with their liquid
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (I use red wine variety)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb mixed greens
- 16 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
- Combine dressing ingredients in cruet or jar. Shake well to combine ingredients. This can be done in advance.
- Divide salad greens into four dishes. Top with tomatoes, olives, feta, and onion.
- Shake dressing and pour over salad. (You may not need all the dressing).