Recipe by susie cooks
Great salad. I took a cooking class where we made chickpea fritters and they were so good that it made me research more recipes using chickpeas. I found this and it is so good! From Real Simple magazine.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt (preferably Greek)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- pita chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas, parsley, garlic, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper just until coarsely chopped and the mixture comes together when gently squeezed. Form into eight 1/2-inch-thick patties and coat with the flour, tapping off excess.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties, turning carefully, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Divide the greens, tomatoes, onion, and chickpea patties among plates. Drizzle with the dressing and serve with the pita chips, if using.