Recipe by annh53182
From Everyday Food Jan/Feb 2008 Choose fat-free versions of favorite salad ingredients, such as water-packed artichokes and oil-free sun-dried tomatoes, to effortlessly cut calories.
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, thinly sliced lengthwise (not oil-packed)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (1 1/4 pounds)
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and quartered (water-packed)
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta until 1 minute short of al dente. Add sun-dried tomatoes, and cook until tender and pasta is al dente, 1 minute more. Drain pasta and tomatoes, rinse under cold water, and drain again; transfer to a large bowl.
- Make dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, and 1 tablespoon water; season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and tomatoes, romaine, beans, artichoke hearts, and feta; toss until combined, and serve immediately.