Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have a salad almost every day, and especially like ones with color and variety. This salad is quick to throw together. The dressing is on the 'sharp' side, but is perfect when tossed with the salad ingredients. Double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd. Created for RSC #10.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baby capers, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsweetened mayonnaise (such as Hellmans)
- 1 seedless cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (capsicum)
- 10 -15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 -15 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 10 -15 radishes, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta, crumbled (or more)
- Put the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and whiz until combined.
- Prepare salad ingredients as noted above.
- Add dressing, toss and serve.
Loved the ease of making this salad and many of the ingredients were from the garden so made it that much better. I keep the olives on hand always, so an easy salad to prepare. I did make the dressing and although it was good and tasty, I prefer an olive oil and lemon dressing. I did like the taste of the dressing and will use it on heavier salads through the winter, it gives you a nice flavor at the back of your tongue. I can see using this dressing on iceburg wedges and some feta. Very nice.I will make this until my maters give out. YUM and thank you. AUS/NZ Swap 80
Both the salad and dressing for this were very good. I just didn't like them together. I prefer mediterranean salads with vinigrette. The dressing tasted similar to honey mustard dressing. In the dressing I used Enova oil and brown sugar Splenda and blended it in a 2 cup pyrex with my immersion blender. I loved the mix of veggies for the salad they were pretty, crisp and flavorful. I used whole grape tomatoes. Good luck in the contest!
I just loved the dressing!I didn`t find it sharp at all. The feta may have calmed it! Just the right amount of tang. My radishes were very bitter so I removed them. Didn`t want them to ruin the salad. I did serve over romaine lettuce. Excellent!