1/3 Photos of Mediterranean Salad
I love creating salads and this is one of my latest discoveries. It has a lot of traditional mediterranean ingredients and is very healthy for you as well as colourful and easy to make. It serves two as a main dish or more if you're making it as a side to a bigger meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (400 g) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 small avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons za'atar spice mix
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Put half the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the sliced peppers for 3-5 minutes until the skins start to blister and the peppers soften.
- 2Take off the heat and leave to cool slightly for a few minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, put the chickpeas, artichoke hearts, avocado and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- 4When the peppers have cooled slightly, add them to the other ingredients in the bowl.
- 5Sprinkle over the Zaatar seasoning, or make a reasonable substitute by combining thyme, marjoram, and sesame seeds with a bit of salt.
- 6Make the dressing by mixing up the other half of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- 7Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- 8Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the parsley.
- 9Serve either at room temperature or chilled.
- 10If you are making this ahead of time, leave out the avocados until just before serving or they will discolour.
- 11You can also spice up this salad by using a chilli-infused olive oil.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 818.8
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 762.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 35.9 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
za'atar spice mix