Chef mariajane's Note:
This is another award winning recipe from "Saltscapes" recipe contest, this was the 1st place winner in the egg entrée category - it is sooooo good!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
MARINADE or DRESSING
- 1/3 cup olive oil, good quality
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1/2 basil or 1/2 dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 6 eggs
- 1 sweet red peppers or 1 green pepper
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 2Measure ingredients into a medium bowl, and whisk until blended.
- 3MAKE AHEAD:.
- 4Cut tomato in half, squeeze out and discard seeds and juice and cut into bite-size pieces. Thinly slice red onion. Stir tomato and onion into marinade, and let stand at room temperature for at least an hour or refrigerate for up to a day.
- 5Meanwhile, hard-boil the eggs, then cool under cold running water. Remove shells, and cut in half lengthwise. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 6Seed and chop pepper, and cut cucmber into chunks. Place each in a separate bag or container; refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- 8In a large bowl, combine salad greens, green onions, olives and fesh basil, oregano or dill. Toss in sweet pepper and cucumber.
- 9Just before serving, pour marinated tomato mixture (including juices) over the salad greens and toss.
- 10Place halved eggs and chevre chunks on top of individual servings. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.7
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 240.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens