Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another award winning recipe from "Saltscapes" recipe contest, this was the 1st place winner in the egg entrée category - it is sooooo good!!!
MARINADE or DRESSING
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, good quality
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1⁄2 basil or 1⁄2 dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 6 eggs
- 1 sweet red peppers or 1 green pepper
- 1⁄2 English cucumber
- 10 cups mixed salad greens (bite-size)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, small
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil or 1⁄4 cup oregano or 1⁄4 cup dill, bruised and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup goat cheese, cut into bite-size chunks (chevre)
- Measure ingredients into a medium bowl, and whisk until blended.
- MAKE AHEAD:.
- Cut tomato in half, squeeze out and discard seeds and juice and cut into bite-size pieces. Thinly slice red onion. Stir tomato and onion into marinade, and let stand at room temperature for at least an hour or refrigerate for up to a day.
- Meanwhile, hard-boil the eggs, then cool under cold running water. Remove shells, and cut in half lengthwise. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Seed and chop pepper, and cut cucmber into chunks. Place each in a separate bag or container; refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, green onions, olives and fesh basil, oregano or dill. Toss in sweet pepper and cucumber.
- Just before serving, pour marinated tomato mixture (including juices) over the salad greens and toss.
- Place halved eggs and chevre chunks on top of individual servings. Serve immediately.