Recipe by Geema
This is my favorite dish to bring to a pot luck. It makes a very stunning and beautiful presentation and people get to taste something delicious and healthy. I hope you will try it.
Assorted vegetables of your choice
- vidalia onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- eggplant, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- bell pepper, quartered
- portabella mushroom, halved
- zucchini, halved
- fennel, quartered
- baby artichoke, prepped and halved
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, more to tates
- your favorite vinaigrette
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, minced
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Wash, and prep the vegetables.
- Place the vegetables in one layer on several well greased cookie sheets.
- (You might want to use disposable cookie sheets to make the clean up easier, since those caramelized juices do stick to the pans).
- Liberally brush the vegetables with oil and season with salt.
- Roast on the upper rack of the oven until crisp-tender and some of the edges begin to char, about 15 minutes.
- The vegetables will not all be done at the same time, so watch each pan carefully and take out those that are in danger of blackening too much.
- Remove the vegetables to a large serving platter and arrange attractively.
- While the vegetables are still warm drizzle on about 1/4-1/2 cup vinaigrette.
- Then sprinkle on some salt and pepper and red pepper flakes, the garlic, sun dried tomatoes and finally the basil.
- This should be served at room temperature.