Recipe by Clare 'E-Foodie' Jones
This is one of my favourite, quick and healthy evening meals. I chop all the vegetables up and pop them in the oven; the rest takes 5 minutes to pull together. I normally grill some lemony chicken to go with it, but it’s delicious on its own.
- 1 large red onion, cut in eights
- 1 red pepper, cut in eights
- 1 yellow pepper, cut in eights
- 1 courgette, cut in 1/4 inch diagonal pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 60 g dried apricots, chopped
- 1 head garlic
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 50 g pine nuts, roasted
- 250 g couscous
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a hot oven (200c) put the red onion, peppers, garlic and courgette in an oven proof dish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- When roasted (approx 25 - 30mins )remove and place to one side until couscous ready.
- Turn off oven and put pine nuts in for 5 mins as oven cools down - do not let burn.
- In a heat proof bowl combine the couscous with cumin, coriander, cinnamon, juice and zests of lemon, lime and orange and hot chicken stock. Cover for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and add the apricots, chopped mint and coriander, pine nuts, roasted vegetables and roasted garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.