1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Roasted Tri-Color Bell Pepper Salad
25 hrs 20 mins
25 hrs 20 mins
(Sorry, I meant broiled.) Another recipe that demands quality ingredients. Please *do not* use green bell peppers in this recipe-they are too bitter tasting for this salad. This can also be served as an appetizer. Being typically Spanish, this is on the oily side. --fyi-- From Classic Spanish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large orange bell peppers, cut in half, seeded and membrane removed
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut in half, seeded and membrane removed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in half, seeded and membrane removed
- 1/3 cup olive oil (I reduced the amount by half)
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
- 1BROIL the bell pepper halves for about 10 minutes or until the skin is blistered and blackened.
- 2Place the bell peppers in a clean paper bag, seal bag and allow peppers to "sweat" for 10 minutes.
- 3In the meantime, heat up 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan and sautè the onion.
- 4Fry for approximately 5-6 minutes until softened and translucent.
- 5Remove pan from heat and set aside. Important: *Reserve* olive oil in the pan.
- 6Next, take the bell peppers out of the paper bag and if cool enough to handle, peel the skins.
- 7Discard the skins and slice the peppers into thin strips.
- 8Place the bell peppers, the cooked onions and any remaining olive oil from the pan into a shallow salad bowl.
- 9Add the crushed garlic and pour on the remaining olive oil.
- 10Add a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice and season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- 11Mix ingredients well, cover and marinate 2-3 hours. Stir the mixture once or twice.
- 12Finally, garnish the pepper salad with fresh chopped Italian parsley.
- 13Serve at room temperature and with crusty bread.
- 14Servings are estimated as a salad.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Roasted Tri-Color Bell Pepper Salad
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.0
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g