Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 2494.75-2721.55 g leg of lamb, rolled boned
- 4.92 ml fresh rosemary, minced
- 3.69 ml kosher salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- 473.18 ml dry red wine, divided
- 22.18 ml cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unroll roast; trim fat.
- Spread minced rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and garlic into folds of the roast.
- Reroll roast; secure at 3-inch intervals with heavy string.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Secure rosemary sprigs under strings on roast.
- Place roast on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan; insert meat thermometer into thickest portion of roast.
- Bake at 400° for 1 hour.
- Increase oven temperature to 425° (do not remove roast from oven).
- Bake an additional 20 minutes or until thermometer registers 140° (medium-rare) to 155° (medium).
- Place roast on a platter; cover with foil.
- Let stand 10 minutes for roast to reabsorb juices.
- (Temperature of roast will increase 5° upon standing.)
- Remove string and rosemary sprigs before slicing.
- Remove rack from pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup wine and cornstarch; set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup wine to drippings in pan; scrape pan to loosen browned bits.
- Combine drippings mixture and 1 cup wine in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and cornstarch mixture; return to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Serve with lamb.
Followed the directions to the "T" and it came out perfect. Great dish!