Recipe by Bev
Roasting green beans is a common method of bringing out the bean's natural sweetness, in the Mediterranean. A delightful and easy method for preparing green beans.
Top Review by Bergy
We really enjoyed your recipe. I used frozen beans (Love fresh but I have scads in the freezer from last years garden) and defrosted them, drained off excess water, omitted the 2 tbsp water, sprinkled a bit of powdered veg broth mix over them and them followed the rest of the recipe. I nearly overdid them, got a little careless, they had a lovely taste and a crunchy feeling texture because of the almonds. I used a bit more almonds Thanks Bev ,this is a keeper,
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs green beans, trimmed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine the broth, lemon juice and oil in a glass measuring cup.
- Place the beans on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the broth mixture.
- Spread the beans out into a single layer.
- Roast for 8 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Season beans with the salt and the freshly ground pepper, then stir and turn over.
- Sprinkle with the almonds.
- Roast for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the beans are wrinkled and tender and the nuts are fragrant and browned.
- Serve immediately.