Roasting green beans is a common method of bringing out the bean's natural sweetness, in the Mediterranean. A delightful and easy method for preparing green beans.
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine the broth, lemon juice and oil in a glass measuring cup.
- Place the beans on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the broth mixture.
- Spread the beans out into a single layer.
- Roast for 8 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Season beans with the salt and the freshly ground pepper, then stir and turn over.
- Sprinkle with the almonds.
- Roast for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the beans are wrinkled and tender and the nuts are fragrant and browned.
- Serve immediately.
We really enjoyed your recipe. I used frozen beans (Love fresh but I have scads in the freezer from last years garden) and defrosted them, drained off excess water, omitted the 2 tbsp water, sprinkled a bit of powdered veg broth mix over them and them followed the rest of the recipe. I nearly overdid them, got a little careless, they had a lovely taste and a crunchy feeling texture because of the almonds. I used a bit more almonds Thanks Bev ,this is a keeper,
These were absolutely wonderful! Made as directed and wouldn't change a thing. The veggie broth and fresh lemon juice added a wonderful flavor. Not as heavy on the oil as a lot of roasted veggie recipes, and I certainly didn't miss it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I made these with our dinner tonight and did everything as written, but for some reason, they came out really, really rubbery. Great taste to them, but some were too tough to even chew. I don't know if it was my oven or what, but hey, I got to try roasted green beans. :) Thanks!