Roasting green beans is a common method of bringing out the bean's natural sweetness, in the Mediterranean. A delightful and easy method for preparing green beans.
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine the broth, lemon juice and oil in a glass measuring cup.
- Place the beans on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the broth mixture.
- Spread the beans out into a single layer.
- Roast for 8 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Season beans with the salt and the freshly ground pepper, then stir and turn over.
- Sprinkle with the almonds.
- Roast for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the beans are wrinkled and tender and the nuts are fragrant and browned.
- Serve immediately.