Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A whole chicken marinated with lemon slices, kalamata olives and capers.
- 3 -4 lbs roasting chickens
- 4 lemon slices
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the lemon slices between the skin and the breast.
- Place the chicken in a gallon size ziploc bag.
- Measure into the bag the olives, capers, oil and salt and pepper.
- Seal bag, gently squeezing air out of bag.
- Label and Freeze.
- Thaw completely in refrigerator.
- Place chicken breast side up in a greased baking dish surrounded by olives, capers and marinade from the bag. Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the baking dish. Roast at 325 deg F for about 1 ½ hours. Chicken is done when internal temperature reads 180 deg. F.