Recipe by Karen Elizabeth
Simple and effective, with a crisp cheesy topping, ideal as a starter with french bread, or as a light lunch or supper with rice or couscous. From The Inspired Vegetarian
Top Review by awalde
We loved these rosted peppers very much, thanks for this great recipe.<br/>For the preparation I used 3 medium peppers and it worked perfectly.<br/>The addition of capers and olives made this recipe a really delicious dish and gave a very good taste. <br/>We ate them warm, but I can imagine that they would be great cold as well. Next time I would like to try with mini-mini filled peppers (perhaps in different colors) and serve as appetizers.
- 4 small red peppers, halved, cored and seeded
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 10 -12 black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 -3 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 -1 1⁄2 ounce fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F / gas 4, and butter a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Place the peppers tightly together in the dish, and sprinkle over the chopped capers, black olives, garlic, mozzarella and breadcrumbs.
- Pour over the wine and olive oil, and then sprinkle with the mint, parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, until the topping is crisp and golden-brown.