Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fragrant roast of lamb. easy preparation and very tasty.
Make and share this Mediterranean Roast Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, lightly oil a shallow roasting pan.
- In your blender (food Processor), with the metal blade blend the olives, garlic, spices and oil.
- Blend until almost pureed.
- Smear all over the lamb leg, place roast in the pan and roast for apprx 1 hour (apprx 20 minutes per lb.) or until the internal temp reaches 155F.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Wow! Only change I made was to cook at 140C/280F for 4 hours which I think really suited the recipe in my oven with a top element that otherwise may have burnt it a bit. I loved the blend of spices and hint of chili, I added a few potatoes during cooking and baked those along side and they soaked up the wonderful flavors really well.
Bergy, another good, no excellent, recipe from you!! This is a recipe that we just can't get enough of! With the left over meat cut from the bone I am making a 'lamb' hash sort of thing, with much of the seasoning included. It certainly smells good! I intend to freeze half of it, so we'll see how that works. Thanks Bergy
The coating on this roast is soo tasty!! Has a nice little bite and lots of nice spicy taste. My leg of lamb was boneless, but I wanted to try this anyway, so I stuffed it with drained roasted red pepper, chopped, pecans, Mandarin orange segments, drained and a touch of DeJong mustard. It worked out great, the mild stuffing didn't over ride the wonderfull spicy coat. We loved it and will probably make it again. Thanks for sharing a very tasty roast rub.