Recipe by Bergy
Fragrant roast of lamb. easy preparation and very tasty.
Top Review by Peter J
Wow! Only change I made was to cook at 140C/280F for 4 hours which I think really suited the recipe in my oven with a top element that otherwise may have burnt it a bit. I loved the blend of spices and hint of chili, I added a few potatoes during cooking and baked those along side and they soaked up the wonderful flavors really well.
- 1⁄3 cup canned black olives, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil (or virgin)
- 3 1⁄2 lbs leg of lamb, bone in
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F, lightly oil a shallow roasting pan.
- In your blender (food Processor), with the metal blade blend the olives, garlic, spices and oil.
- Blend until almost pureed.
- Smear all over the lamb leg, place roast in the pan and roast for apprx 1 hour (apprx 20 minutes per lb.) or until the internal temp reaches 155F.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.