Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I serve this along side a plate full of grilled vegetables. Yummy!
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and reserve liquid
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a big skillet, over medium heat, cook the onions and garlic in oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the celery, thyme, and marjoram; cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Add in the bell pepper; continue cooking and stirring for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add in the drained tomatoes and tomato paste; stir to combine, crushing the tomatoes as you stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste;.
- Add in the rice and stir to mix thoroughly.
- If mixture is too dry, add some reserved tomato juice until you reach desired consistency.
- When the rice is hot, the dish is ready to serve.
Lovely rice recipe, we enjoyed it and I will make it again. nice combination of spices and veggies. It went well with our Mediterranean fish dinner. Thanks for posting.
This made a delicious side dish to go with the Mediterranean Chicken Breasts (#351722). I prepared this as written with one exception. I did add about 8 oz. of black olives, cut in half, at the end of cooking time. A nice light side like this will have a regular spot in my meal planning. Thanks for sharing the recipe.