Recipe by REALtorFOOD
A delicious and easy dish which is good served chilled as a salad, or warm as an accompaniment to roast chicken, lamb, etc. Gluten Free.
- 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 2 3⁄4 vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (from tomatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, chopped
- 2 tablelspoons goat cheese, crumbled finely
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour Broth into a medium sauce pan and add Wild Rice.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Add Quinoa and reduce to simmer, cover and cook 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in Sun Dried Tomatoes and Olive oil. Add Pine Nuts, Baby Spinach and stir to incorporate. (The spinach will slightly wilt).
- Once slightly cooled stir in crubled goat cheese and incorporate well. You can add additional oil from the tomatoes if needed to bind the flavors.
- Cover and chill overnight in the fridge.
- Serve with more goat cheese sprinkled on top.