Recipe by icandoit185
My husband loved this! You could easily substitute different cheeses. I couldn't find Gruyere in my supermarket and used farmer's cheese.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pie crust
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat then add the onions and zucchini and cook, stirring for 6 minutes. Add the mushroom and cook, stirring until the liquid is absorbed and the vegetables are wilted, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, and thyme then season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring 1 minute. Remove from the heat and cool.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk together, add the grated cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Place the pie crust in the pie pan. Add the vegetable mixture. Pour the egg mixture on top. Top with the goat cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set and browned. Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing.