My husband loved this! You could easily substitute different cheeses. I couldn't find Gruyere in my supermarket and used farmer's cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pie crust
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat then add the onions and zucchini and cook, stirring for 6 minutes. Add the mushroom and cook, stirring until the liquid is absorbed and the vegetables are wilted, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add the tomatoes, basil, and thyme then season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring 1 minute. Remove from the heat and cool.
- 4In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk together, add the grated cheese and red pepper flakes.
- 5Place the pie crust in the pie pan. Add the vegetable mixture. Pour the egg mixture on top. Top with the goat cheese.
- 6Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set and browned. Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.4
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 214.4 mg
- Sodium 751.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 21.8 g