Recipe by noway
Delicious vegetarian quiche with a hash brown potato crust. I sometimes like to add a little bit of cayenne and garlic powder to the tomato sauce for more flavor.
- 3 1⁄2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups zucchini, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup oil-packed artichoke heart, drained and chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups tomato sauce, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Spread frozen potatoes to cover bottom and sides of pie plate. Lightly coat potatoes with cooking spray. Bake until potatoes are lightly browned and crisp (about 30 minutes).
- Melt butter in large skillet. Cook onion and garlic until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in zucchini, pepper, and artichokes, cooking until crisp-tender.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cheese, basil, and oregano. Stir in vegetables and pour into potato shell.
- Reduce heat to 375F and bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Serve with 1/2 cup tomato sauce over each portion.