Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Swap a mayonnaise base for cherry tomatoes, olives, roasted red peppers and fresh Italian herbs in this low-fat salad. From Good Food Magazine.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 1⁄2 roasted red peppers, from a jar, sliced
- 10 ounces new potatoes, halved if large
- 1 ounce black olives, sliced
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook for 5-10 mins until soft.
- Add the garlic and oregano and cook for 1 minute Add the tomatoes and peppers, season well and simmer gently for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 10-15 mins until tender.
- Drain well, mix with the sauce and serve warm, sprinkled with olives and basil.