Recipe by Lori Ann D
This is a wonderful main dish salad that my whole family enjoys. The recipe came from my mother-in-law and it is a summer staple in our house! A very refreshing dish that I like to serve with warm crusty rolls. Great for using up leftover chicken (I've been known to buy a ready-to-eat deli chicken just so I have an excuse to make this!). Enjoy!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
A very tasty and different recipe! I made this exactly as posted, using green Sicilian olives and fresh green beans from the garden. In order to serve 4-6, I think you should serve this on a bed of mixed greens too make a full meal out of it. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2011.
- 1 lb small red potato, boiled & sliced
- 2 cups coarsley chopped chicken
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 12 green olives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, blanched or 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb frozen green beans, cooked according to package directions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly. Cut into slices.
- While potatoes are cooling, whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced potatoes, chicken, lemon juice, olives, green beans and dressing.
- Toss gently.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.