Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home by the Moosewood Collective
- 1⁄3 cup packed sun-dried tomato (not packed in oil)
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cubed potato
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped scallions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- In a small heat proof bowl, cover the sundried tomatoes with boiling water and set aside to soften. When they are soft, chop them and place them in a serving bowl. (I reserve the soaking liquid to use in place of some of the oil in the recipe.).
- Cut the potatoes into half-inch cubes. Boil in salted water until tender and then drain. Add them to the serving bowl along with all the remaining ingredients and toss gently but thoroughly. This is good warm or chilled.
Since I'm not a mayonnaise fan, I love this recipe. I've used it for years, it's just a nice fresh taste. The dressing works well for a bean salad too. YUM!
Another great potato salad! But one can't have too many. We had this at room temp with lots of cracked pepper. I loved finding a recipe for 'dry' sun-dried tomatoes and I used the tomato water as part of the broth in another dish I was making. Thanks, Guys!