Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
From BH&G. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks good.
- 1 lb whole tiny new potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovies, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1. Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; add water to cover and, if desired, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until just tender. Drain well. Cool slightly. Cut potatoes into quarters and place in a large bowl.
- 2. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper. Stir in olives, capers, green onion, and anchovies. Pour dressing over potatoes. Add onion and eggs. Toss gently to mix.
- 3. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours, stirring salad occasionally. Makes 6 side-dish servings.