Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good, non-mayonnaise based potato salad that is fairly low fat. Originally from the USA Weekend magazine in the Sunday Denver Post.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, unpeeled, cooked, cooled, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced green onion, including some green
- 1⁄2 cup basil, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, halved and pitted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl,combine potatoes,tomatoes,onions,basil,celery, and olives.
- Whisk together garlic,vinegar,olive oil,mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to potatoes and toss.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.