Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A complete meal in one. A quick, easy meal for any day of the week. Adapted from Taste of Home's Light&Tasty.
- 680.38 g pork tenderloin
- 4.92 ml lemon pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2838.0 ml water
- 295.73 ml orzo pasta
- 1.23 ml salt
- 170.09 g fresh spinach
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- 118.29 ml kalamata olive, chopped
- 177.44 ml feta cheese
- Bring water and salt to boil. Add orzo, cook 8 minutes.
- While orzo is cooking, cut pork into 1 inch cubes. Toss with lemon pepper. Heat olive oil in skillet, saute pork until done, 8-10 minutes. Turn down to low; add olives, spinach and tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Drain orzo, toss with pork mixture. Top with feta.
One glance at the ingredients list told me that I was going to love this dish and I certainly did! The flavors of the tomatoes and spinach are fresh and bright against the bite of the olives and salty tang of the cheese. The tender pork and creamy pasta make this a quick, easy and mouth-popping meal. Other than to thinly slice my pork instead of cube it and to add a tablespoon or so of fresh oregano, I followed the recipe as written. Changes I will make next time to suit our tastes are to add some garlic and omit the lemon pepper (the primary ingredient in the brand I use is SALT of all things!) using fresh lemon zest and black pepper instead. Thanks for posting this terrific recipe!