Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 ounces herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, divided
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin, butterflied
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F
- Layer the first 5 ingredients and 2 teaspoons of the seasoning on pork loin. Roll lengthwise; tie at 1-inch intervals with cooking twine.
- Sprinkle with remaining seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place seam side down in pan.
- Cover with foil and roast for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350°F and cook for 1 hour more or until thermometer inserted in meat reads 155°F.
If I were to make this again, I would use regular goat cheese, rather than herbed goat cheese. The herbs overpowered the flavor of the cheese a bit.
This is fantastic!!!! I added Local Lamb Sausage to the mixture, and omited the salt because my sausage is salty.
Incredibly DELICIOUS! This is my favorite new recipe of the year. Beatiful colors, bold flavors. A lot of prep work, but MORE than worth it! Some things I did in addition to the directions given: I butterflied the pork loin and rubbed it with olive oil and the spices on both sides, then let it rest covered in the refrigerator for about 10 hours before I stuffed and baked it. I also used carmelized red pepper instead of roasted red pepper, and added some gorgonzola cheese as well. Our guests were impressed and raving about this one!