Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I combined two of my favorite seasonings with some pork-chops while on winter vacation from school. The timing and cooking technique with the skillet I learned for cooking steak. Ended up working great with pork-chops! I bought the Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt from Kroger. I'm sure your favorite seasoning will work just as well. **It’s important to try and use tongs or something of the sort to handle the pork-chops. Avoid penetrating in order to keep the juices inside.
- 2 -4 large pork chops, with bone
- 2 tablespoons mediterranean spiced sea salt
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon onion and herb seasoning mix
- olive oil (For coating)
- salt and pepper
- Place cast-iron skillet in oven and preheat to 475.
- Combine the three seasonings, and rub a generous amount onto one side of the pork-chop. With a brush, coat the seasoned side with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Flip over and do the same to the other side.
- Put stove-top on high and put the skillet from the oven on it. Sear the pork-chop for 1 to 1.5 minutes on each side.
- Place in the oven for 4 minutes and flip over. Keep it in the oven for 4 more minutes.
- Take the pork-chops out and wrap loosely in foil for 5 minutes.
- Take the pork-chops out of the oven and enjoy!