1/6 Photos of Mediterranean Pork Chops
The RSC#10 contest ingredients inspired this tangy Mediterranean sauce for pork chops. It turns out like a chutney or salsa. Beautiful, easy and gourmet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb thin boneless pork loin chop
- cooking spray, to coat
- garlic salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (1 ounce) packets Splenda sugar substitute (if too acidic) or 2 (1 ounce) packets sugar, to taste (if too acidic)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, whole
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive, whole
- 1Coat the pork chops with spray oil and then sprinkle garlic salt and pepper on both sides.
- 2Cook by preferred method: Foreman grill, baked, broiled or stove-top.
- 3Place in serving dish.
- 4While pork chops are cooking you can prepare the sauce.
- 5Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add red onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- 7Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- 8Add the rest of the ingredients to the olives and sauté another 3-5 minutes until heated through.
- 9Pour sauce over cooked pork chops.
- 10Top with parsley and feta if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.1
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 500.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 26.0 g