Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Don't let the amount of ingredients make you pass up this great dish!!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, sliced
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup dry marsala
- 1 1⁄2 cups roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Season chops with salt and pepper; dust with flour.
- Heat oil in a saute pan on med high heat.
- Add the chops and saute until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Add onions and saute for 3 minutes; stir in raisins and garlic, saute another minute.
- Deglaze pan with the marsala, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, vinegar, sugar and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Return chops to the pan, cover and reduce heat to med low, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add olives and capers; simmer until heated through.
- Perfect to serve with orzo -- garnish with parsley and lemon zest.
This was surprisingly good. I didn't use any flour, raisins, tomatoes, parsley, or zest. I also substituted the wine for more chicken stock and added 1-2 teaspoons more sugar.