Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
My friends just love this recipe, can be cooked on the BBQ or on a grill or frypan in the kitchen
- 2⁄3 cup seeded black olives
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 8 pork butterfly steaks (approx 1.5kg)
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Process olives, oil, garlic, tomato, oregano, vinegar and cheese until smooth.
- Place pork steaks between plastic wrap and pound with meat mallet until an even thickness.
- Divide olive paste into 8 equal portions and spread over the surface of each steak, then roll to enclose mixture.
- Wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each roll and secure with toothpicks.
- Cook pork rolls, uncovered on a heated oiled bbq or in greased heated frypan until browned all over and cooked as desired.
This dish was a real pleasure. I love the idea of combining pork with the olive tapenade. I'm not a fan of sun-dried tomatoes, so I used roasted red peppers instead. I used a bit less oil in the tapenade, and feta in place of the parmesan. While I omitted the prosciutto wrapping (watching caloric/fat intake), I still wanted to ensure a moist result. I therefore marinaded the flattened lean pork in a lemon, garlic, small amount of olive oil, and rosemary mixture prior to filling with the tapenade and grilling. The flavors blended well, and were nicely complemented by the green salad (with tomato, cukes, & feta) and tabbouleh I served them with. Thanks for posting!