1 hr 50 mins
A delicious sounding dish that I came across on another site!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 28 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces canned tomato paste
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Splenda granular (optional)
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tablespoons italian seasoning, divided
- 8 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup green olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 48 ounces refrigerated fat free polenta, sliced thin
- 1In a large stock pan, mix tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, the Splenda, and the chopped mushrooms with 2 TBSP of the seasoning. Heat through, stirring occassionally.
- 2Meanwhile, Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix eggplant, sliced tomatoes, and remainer of mushrooms in a large bowl; add 1 TBSP olive oil and toss to coat. Spread vegetables on baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- 4Add ricotta, 8 oz of feta, the egg and the remainder of the Italian seasoning to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- 5In a skillet, brown beef or turkey. When almost done, add olives and mix well.
- 6Spray a 9×13 lasagna-type baking pan with cooking oil.
- 7Layer ingredients in the following order:.
- 81/2 polenta slices.
- 91/2 cheese mixture.
- 101/2 the roasted vegetables.
- 111/2 the meat/olive mixture.
- 121/2 the tomato sauce.
- 13the rest of the polenta slices.
- 14the rest of the cheese mixture.
- 15the rest of the roasted vegetables.
- 16the rest of the meat/olive mixture.
- 17the rest of the tomato sauce.
- 18The remaining feta, crumbled over the top.
- 19Bake for 40-50 minutes, until feta is slightly golden and sauce is bubbling.
- 20Cook’s Notes.
- 21This recipe is a time consumer but it’s completely worth the time and effort.
- 23This could easily be made into a vegetarian dish by omitting the beef or turkey.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Polenta Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.2 mg
- Sodium 1175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese
refrigerated fat free polenta