Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great summer dish. This works well as a dinner, lunch or as hearty appetizers.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz.)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf (torn into pieces)
- 4 slices crusty Italian bread or 4 slices French bread
- In a large skillet cook and stir chicken and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat until chicken is browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, artichokes, olives, seasoning, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Top with lettuce and cheese.
- Cook covered for 1-2 minutes more until lettuce starts to wilt.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve on bread.