Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
This is a bit different than your traditional pizza but it is super tasty. I always add a tin of anchovy fillets apprz 8 filets to the tin) but that's up to you - It does make you thirsty!!! If you want the best thin crust ready made get a "Boboli "- fantastic. Use the oil from the anchovies (if using) to saute the onions & green peppers. You may also use sundried tomatoes in oil just drain well (I like these). Enjoy
- 1 medium thin pizza crust
- 3⁄4 cup dry sun-dried tomato
- 3⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 teaspoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Place oven rack on second from the bottom rung.
- Preheat oven to 475ƒ.
- Take out your pizza stone or pizza pan.
- Soak the dry sundried tomatoes in boiling hot water for 5 min, drain and coarsely chop (if using Sun dried in oil just drain well & chop) Saute the onion in the 3/4 tsp of oil for 3 minutes. Add the chopped peppers for another 2 minutes
- If your pizza is unbaked prick it with a fork and place on pizza stone or pan- bake for 5 minutes at 475, remove from oven. If you are using a Boboli or other baked ready crust it is ready to build your pizza. When your crust is ready evenly distribute the Sundried tomatoes on the shell , then the sauted onions green pepper , add capers. olives and top with the crumbled feta, If using anchovies (I recommend you do) place them so you have an anchovy per slice. Decorate with sliced olives some pimento or what ever you have on hand
- Bake until the edges are brown and the Feta is soft and browning apprx 20 min - but watch it!
Awesome, I was looking for a pizza to use my capers on and this one had the most ingredients that I had on hand and it was so good. I eyeballed the capers and could have probably put more on because I think the taste was hidden. I used cheddar and parm cheese since I didn't have any feta and used kalamata olives because they are my fav. I wasn't sure why I put the pizza dough in for 5 minutes before adding the toppings but it didn't hurt the end result in the slightest...I will be making this again and again. thanks bergy