Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My type of pizza. No tomato sauce on this one- it is replaced with pesto, and topped with eggplant, feta, and basil. Raley's
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 21 inches precooked prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- Place eggplant in a microwave-safe bowl with water and salt. Cover and microwave on High for 5 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside.
- Spread pizza crust with pesto, then top with eggplant, cheese and pine nuts. Grill over indirect heat for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is crisp; top with basil.
Very tasty. DH and I enjoyed it, the kids not so much. Did this on greek pita. Came together very quickly. Thanks.
Sounds really good so I went ahead and tried it. I would substitute a piece of Lavash or large pocket less pita bread. Some ripe sliced tomatoes and thinly sliced red onion along with a sprinkle of oregano and it would be FANTASTIC
This pizza is fantastic! It's so easy to prepare and even my 8 year old loved it! Tastes like something you would buy out at a trendy restaurant. Can't wait to make it again!