Recipe by steve in FL
This is my clone of the Mediterranean Pizza served at Schlotzsky's Deli, which I had to come up with because ours closed down.. It wasn't too hard to figure out though, because the ingredients are listed on the menu on their website, lol.. Tastes just like being there again.
Top Review by Julie F
This was excellent- and very much like the Schlotzky's pizza. The bread you use will make all the difference. I used a flat bread and baked it right on the oven rack. I'll definitely make this again.
- 16 ounces basil pesto (premade or purchased)
- 6 pita breads (can use Boboli pizza breads)
- 6 ounces black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 16 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread the breads with the pesto.
- Top with desired amounts of black olives, red onion, tomatoes, and feta cheese.
- Lastly, cover with mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Note: You can substitute the sun dried tomatoes with fresh, diced tomatoes if you prefer.