Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Healthy at Yahoo Groups.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces thin-crust pizza dough
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved lengthwise and sliced (red or yellow)
- 1 small summer squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted, ripe black olives
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium skillet, cook onion and garlic in 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, eggplant, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper and cook, uncovered over medium-high heat for 15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Place pizza dough on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread the eggplant mixture over the pizza dough. Arrange the red or yellow tomatoes, squash, and zucchini over the mixture. Brush vegetables with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with feta cheese and olives. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve.