Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These snacks make a beautiful and tasty warm appetizer, or could be kept whole and served as a light lunch. Pita bread toppped with a tahini yogurt sauce, bell peppers, olives, tomatoes and feta. Simple to make with a very nice presentation. This recipe was created for the Ready, Set, Cook! contest.
- 2 pita bread rounds, 7 inch size
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons tomatoes, diced
- 6 kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place whole pitas on baking sheet.
- Mix yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, water and garlic until smooth.
- Spread half of yogurt mixture on each pita bread.
- Cut yellow pepper lengthwise into strips about 1/8 inch wide, then cut strips in half and place decoratively on pitas.
- Then top each pita with half of the tomatoes, olives and feta.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until pita begins to crisp and feta is beginning to melt.
- Remove from oven, cut pitas into 6-8 triangles and serve warm, or leave whole and serve as individual pizzas.
another tasty recipe-easy to make.
Great Mediterranean dish! I loved the taste of the tahini sauce. Must say what I liked most was how quick and easy this was to make. I baked for 8 minutes which was enough time to heat it up and brown slightly but I may leave in a minute or two longer to cook the veggies a little more next time. I made it the main course as a mini pita pizza and served it with a Greek Salad. I will definitely be making this often. Thanks for a keeper!
These were very tasty. My pitas were probably a bit too small...they were closer to 6" rather than 7". I think this may have made the yogurt mixture a little too thick, because the pitas never really 'crisped'.