Sandwich recipe I found in a Peloponnese Pamphlet. I love sandwiches, so these kinds of recipes catch my eye pretty easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1/2 whole cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 whole pita pockets, each cut in half
- 8 ounces deli roast pork or 8 ounces deli ham, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces tray sweet red pepper strips, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive, quartered
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, center rib removed, washed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1For dressing, in small bowl, combine yogurt, chopped cucumber and oregano: set aside.
- 2Gently open pita pockets.
- 3Place lettuce in the bottom of each pocket.
- 4Top with 1/4 each roasted pork or ham, pepper strips and olives.
- 5Drizzle each pita with 2-3 TBs dressing and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Pita Pocket
Serving Size: 1 (4639 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.9
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 203.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: