Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sandwich recipe I found in a Peloponnese Pamphlet. I love sandwiches, so these kinds of recipes catch my eye pretty easily.
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 whole cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 whole pita pockets, each cut in half
- 8 ounces deli roast pork or 8 ounces deli ham, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces tray sweet red pepper strips, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, quartered
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, center rib removed, washed and thinly sliced crosswise
- For dressing, in small bowl, combine yogurt, chopped cucumber and oregano: set aside.
- Gently open pita pockets.
- Place lettuce in the bottom of each pocket.
- Top with 1/4 each roasted pork or ham, pepper strips and olives.
- Drizzle each pita with 2-3 TBs dressing and serve.