Recipe by Dib's
Here's a tasty change to pizza-phyllo crust with mediterranean toppings. Serve with Salad and Wine.
Top Review by Smilynn
This was fantastic. The phyllo dough created such a unique, tasty and simple pizzo dough. I didn't have "fresh" thyme or oregano so I used them from a jar and if it affected the taste I sure couldn't tell! 5 stars for ease, simple ingredients and wonderful flavor!
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup halved cherry tomatoes, red and yellow
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pitted and halved kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup drained artichoke heart, quartered and then halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 -2 pepperoncini pepper, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups grilled shredded chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take 3 sheets of phyllo and lay out on counter.
- Pour a little oil on your hands and pat sheets.
- Begin to lay sheets on a pizza pan in a diagonal fashion to begin to make a circle.
- Repeat until all sheets are used and the circle is complete, covering the pan totaly.
- Take 1/2 cup of the feta and place on the edge of the pan in a ring.
- Fold over the phyllo tips to cover the cheese.
- Set aside.
- In a medium skillet heat 1 T of olive oil over medium high heat and saute the onion and garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl mix the onion and garlic with the remaining ingredients.
- Evenly spread ingredients on the prepared phyllo.
- Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.