Recipe by Proud Veteran's wife
This comes from The Pampered Chef Main Dishes (recipes at the heart of every meal). I used to work for them and this was one of the dishes I made frequently. It was the first dish I ever had that introduced me to feta cheese. I can't get enough now. This is probably one of my favorite meals from them. I have brought this to potlucks and it's always a huge hit. I also used to have it quite often at home with my family and they all loved! I like to add cooked chicken for a whole meal. Hope you enjoy too!
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine and vinegar salad dressing
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 (depending on the breadsticks you buy, you may need to grease the pizza pan or stone first, see directions on package). For crust unroll bread stick dough. Separate into strips. In center of a pizza pan (or pizza stone) coil 1 strip of dough around itself in a spiral pattern. Add second strip to end of first strip and pinch ends, continue coiling dough and repeat with remaining dough. With a rolling pin, roll dough within 1/2 inch of edge of pizza pan (or stone), pressing seams to seal.
- Lightly brush the dough with olive oil, spread the minced garlic evenly over the dough Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown, cool completely.
- For cheese spread you will want to finely chop enough artichoke hearts to make 1/4 cup. Save the rest for later. Combine with cream cheese, oregano, and half of the feta cheese (save the rest for later). Mix well then spread mixture evenly over cooled crust.
- Now for the toppings! Quarter remaining artichoke hearts, spread evenly over cream cheese mixture, then add the remaining vegetables (cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives). Sprinkle with remaining feta cheese. Add optional chicken and pine nuts.
- Cut pizza into wedges, and drizzle with salad dressing just before serving.